15 Moving Tips that Will Make Your Move So EASY!!!6/20/2017
15 Moving Tips that Will Make Your Move So EASY!!!
Congratulations on your new home! After the excitement wears off, panic may start to settle in.
Moving can be a daunting task and you may find yourself overwhelmed with all there is to do. These
tips will help you stay organized, making your move as seamless as can be.
1. Don’t wait until the last minute to pack. Get organized early. Make a list of all you need to
accomplish each week and assign tasks to each person in your family.
2. Take this opportunity to purge old, unused, and broken items. The more stuff you get rid of,
the less you’ll have to pack, unpack, and store in your new home.
3. Call your cable company and other utilities to schedule disconnect times.
4. Pack an overnight bag with your sundries, PJs, and a few outfits for each person in your house. When it’s time to get ready for bed the first night, you’ll be glad you won’t have to dig through boxes to find your clothes.
5. Make the beds first that way you can crash after a long day of unpacking.
6. Pack a clear bin with important necessities you’ll need right away including: toilet paper,
paper towels, light bulbs, and cleaning supplies.
7. Label all of your boxes with the items inside and the room it should be delivered to. Be sure
to write this information on the sides of the box, as well as the top, so you can find things
when the boxes are stacked.
8. Change your address a week before you move to ensure your packages and bills are
delivered in a timely manner.
9. Pack heavier items in small boxes. No one wants to carry a large, heavy box of books up the
10. Use wardrobe boxes. These are not only great for your hanging clothes, but comforters,
pillows and blankets.
11. Store dishes in bubble wrap and pack them vertically to avoid cracks and breaks.
12. Take a photo of the wiring on your electronics before you box them. You can use it as a
reference when you set them up at your new place.
13. Hire a sitter to watch pets and kids. You’ll have enough to worry about on moving day.
14. Defrost your refrigerator at least a day before the move.
15. To cut down on boxes, use luggage, baskets, and hampers to pack your towels, sheets, and
Moving isn’t fun, but being organized can make the process tolerable.